What Students Say...
- I loved my flute lessons this year, Ms. Slaughter made our forty five minutes of learning, creative and fun. She is a fantastic teacher and I’m really lucky.
– Anna K., Middle School Student
- I began lessons with Jennifer after having had six years of prior experience on flute. It was a fabulous transition. She greatly enhanced my playing techniques, patiently helping me to refine my tone, articulation, range, understanding of musical form and emphasis, and practicing skills. I never had too little to work on, and so had to truly commit to practicing (which could be a challenge since I was an involved high school student). Jennifer was a wonderful, positive, and supportive teacher (while also expecting me to work diligently on my part), and offered me a highly professional, meaningful learning experience on flute.
– Sarah V., High School Student
- I worked with Jennifer for over three years. I find her genuinely passionate in her love for the flute and passing that love on to her students. She is an energetic and compassionate teacher. I am an adult student who wants more than to simply play pieces. Being an excellent clinician Jennifer sees that, identifies goal oriented paths, and provides me with many challenges in scales, theory, history and also playing pieces. Jennifer can and will be as tough or gentle as you need, and is above all always fair. With her there is no such thing as impossible. Jennifer has a beautiful outlook on life.
– Al R., Adult Student
What Parents Say...
- My high school student takes lessons from Jennifer. She makes lessons fun and yet the students are learning so much at the same time! Great place to better your flute skill set at any level and at any age.
– Leahlyn L., Parent
- Our middle school son takes weekly lessons with Jennifer. He loves to go to class and she has really inspired him to want to practice and improve. The fact that she keeps lessons fun while teaching a rigorous flute curriculum with an emphasis on solid, consistent fundamentals is a refreshing surprise. We highly recommend her, just don’t take our time slot!
– Sean O., Parent
- My daughter has had such a wonderful experience learning from Jennifer this past year! She is very professional and kind, has high expectations yet makes it fun for her students. She is great at communicating and wants her students to succeed and excel. Highly recommend Jennifer!
– Kathleen K., Parent
- Jennifer taught my daughter for a year — my daughter was ready to give up flute until she met Jennifer. Jennifer was always encouraging and supportive, plus timely, friendly and communicated well with me. She truly was one of the best music teachers I have ever seen.
– Tara N., Parent
- My preteen daughter took lessons with Jennifer for over a year before she moved out of state. Jennifer is patient, kind, and is able to coach and motivate students to do their very best. My daughter’s confidence and ability improved greatly with Jennifer’s teaching. We highly recommend her!!
– Renee W., Parent
- Jennifer was an excellent flute instructor for our daughter -- professional, capable, and able to motivate an occasionally reluctant performer and practicer.
– Anne M., Parent
- My daughter took lessons from Jennifer the year before heading off to college. Jennifer challenged her and helped her prepare for all the college entrance auditions. She was tough but loving and made Belle want to do better… I highly recommend her!
– Alyssa F., Parent